Thursday, May 31, 2012

Beef and Bean Burritos - Pioneer Woman was right!

Ok, again, no drip beef. It's on the agenda for...drumroll please....today!

In the meantime, we did try out the Beef and Bean Burritos and I am happy to say that this came together very quickly, which is essential in our busy household many a night.

And, yes, I know, it's from the new cookbook again. I guess I am an impatient sort and just can't stand waiting to try out a few of those recipes!

So, I assembled all the ingredients and found I only had 1 lb. ground beef on hand. Not a problem, because even with 5 little folks to feed, they don't eat that much, and some only wanted beans in their burritos. Sometimes they just aren't that adventurous.

I was able to find the same sauce pictured in the recipe at Kroger; El Pato, so I was happy about that because like I've mentioned, I do, generally, like to play it by the book the first time I try out a recipe...generally.

All the bean only eaters liked their burritos just fine, only 3 of us had beef and bean and all 3 liked them very much.

So, 3 out of 3, not bad.

On to the drip beef now....see you after a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment